Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Memories Of A Dream

Last night I was disturbed... It took me long to fall into the obligation of sleep. I knew this for sure because I was staring at the bright clock in the dark room. It was well before 1 AM. I knew something was bothering me but i couldn't see what it was. I concentrated on my inner voice, but i dint hear anything... I turned around the bed wishing for the peace of sleep to find me... And finally I took my mobile, plugged the ear phone and set to hear some melodies....


The next thing I knew was the sound of my mom calling me, 'Wake up. wake up'. the fear in her voice or the coldness of her awoke the usually lazy me in an instant. I looked into her face. In the bright light of the florescent lamp, I saw the tears flowing down her eyes. I felt an odd kind of pain seizing my soul... After a moment I found my voice and asked her, 'Mama what happened?'  Her answer was more tears that squeezed my heart more. 'Mama, tell me what happened?' I shook  her. And in her tears all she managed was a single word, 'DAD......'.For a moment I was stuck in place. I felt the blood leaving my face and the coldness wrapping around me....


I ran to my dad's room.... Did I hit the sofa? I don't remember....All i  remember is the cold, pale, lifeless body of my dad lying on the bed.... I heard someone howling, and realized it was my own voice... Suddenly the force to balance gravity was no more in me..... I dint feel myself slipping down... I didn't feel the tears falling down.... I dint feel the coldness of the floor below me....I dint hear the sounds escaping me. I don't know how much time I sat like that... I wasn't aware of anything other than the fact that my dad is no more. The foundation on which I build my world is no more there... I felt like being crushed... I felt like being teared apart... The person I loved and respected more in the world is no more there.... I couldn't imagine my world anymore.... It doesn't exist....I don't exist... I felt my vision getting blurred...


                        *                        *                                    *                                       


I woke up with a rush.. For a minute, I dint know what was happening. I shook my head thrice before I cleared my vision. my eyes were staring at my book self. I turned around but found nothing unusual. I checked the time and it was 7 in the morning.


I realized I was just dreaming... I couldn't stop the sigh that left me. I got out of bed and ran to the living area where my dad sat reading the morning news paper. For a minute I couldn't stop the single drop of tear that slipped from my eyes.... I don't remember how long I  stood there looking at him before he saw me and asked me ' Oh, what happened? You woke up early today'. 


I just smiled at him and went to sit with him........    




  

10 comments:

ബ്ലാക്ക്‌ മെമ്മറീസ് said...

നിയാ ,,,,, അതൊരു സാഗല്പ്പിക കഥയാ കേട്ടോ ..പിന്ന്നെ ഇപ്പം ഒരു പാട് ഫോല്ലോവേര്സ് ഒക്കെ ആയില്ലേ ....ഇനി നന്നായി എഴുതിക്കോ

Unknown said...

@ബ്ലാക്ക്‌ മെമ്മറീസ് ohh nice. ya sure. Thank you for helping me :)

ഒരു ദുബായിക്കാരന്‍ said...

This type of dreams happens to even me also..But I dare to share them with anybody..Anyway your presentation was too good and you could keep the suspense till the end ! All the best!

Unknown said...

@ഒരു ദുബായിക്കാരന്‍ but i dint dream it. I just made it!! but thanks for the compliment :)

Anonymous said...

well honestly speaking i found it really hard to believe that this didn't happen to you . u made it look so natural owsome work buddy you are getting better every day after day......

Unknown said...

It really didn't! Nothing a write writes is his/her personal experience! well mostly it isn't! thanks for the compliments :)

Glass Ceilings said...

well i dont agree with u 80 percent of what writer writes is from their experience

Unknown said...

Well then, i have to ask you, was stephen mayor a vampire, when she wrote about vampires? i don't think so! Or was Sidney sheldon a MPD Patient whn he Wrote, Tell me your dream. And plus i don't dream dis vividly!

- സോണി - said...

ഭീകരമായ സ്വപ്നം. ഇങ്ങനെയൊന്നും ഒരിക്കലും കാണാതിരിക്കട്ടെ എന്ന് പ്രാര്‍ഥിക്കുന്നു.

Unknown said...

@- സോണി - me too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...