Friday, June 10, 2011

The Chain of Life

Walking up the veranda,I saw my grand mom all old and cranky sitting on the chair .I shouted, "Grandma", but she dint answer.


Holding up the fear that ate at my soul, I realized what I 
always feared...She is no more the same and never will be the same She is old and aging as I am writing now...For a  minute the terror of death was too much to par. When the pain ceased  my soul I looked away to the wall. Somehow my eyes fell on the chain that was left at the corner.


It was all strong and new when my grandfather bought it years ago.It had guarded grand dad's bicycle  to grand mom's chest. Now its nothing more than a rusty old piece of metal. Its all weak and no use to anyone and no one seems to care its existence,'Why is the chain lying there', I asked her. Her answer was a cough that went on for a whole minute.It took her another minute to whisper to me that its old and no use now, and she requested me in her fading voice to throw it away to the garbage.

I went to take it and held in  my hands and for a minute the tears slipped my eyes for a moment too deep.I left it in the garbage and walked back with a heavy heart,to a grand mom who is no more the same....





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

well it would have been better if u made this one as an article rather than a poem i am sorry but it didnt have the essential elements or spaces to use poetic elements u can use words which make the read go around the bush and it should always give them a second meaning again am telling u you have tremendous potential and someday u r gonna be great if u use it in the right way for a poet words are like gun if u dont use it correctly it can even kill you

Unknown said...

This is what i m expecting from my readers. Not just praises and compliments but also criticism . As you might know success can never taste better without tasting a little bit of failure first.I am aware of the fact that how much words are imp for a poet. Thank you a lot for your advices & praises. DO keep letting me know. It is the only way to improve..... :)

Anonymous said...

i got second thoughts for this one oh my dear Niya this one Rockz am a very sensity guy and dis touched my heart i wonder what i was thinking when i wrote the first comment. i cannot believe i underestimated this one this is what u call true love dear fairy tale romance only happens in cinemas and novels gosh i cant wait for u r next work

Unknown said...

:) danxx m glad u liked it. i am not gonna disappoint u!! :)

Anonymous said...

i am gonna kill you if u dissapoint me grrr:P

Unknown said...

hehe!! don't kill me :P if u kill me you cant read more of my works

Anonymous said...

omg thats right am not gonna kill you keep writing

Unknown said...

hehe!! ya!!

Er. said...

Wow, seeing you communicate with an anonymous user, brings so many scary memories back. Those monologues in my head, ah, good old days. Anyway. The post? I think I am going to agree with Mr./Ms. Anonymous; you can certainly write a lot better. Also, try focus on building the plot of the post, too, i.e., they say, the foreplay IS important, and so is the orgasm. :P

Unknown said...

@Arjit Srivastava ya i can understand. i'll sure improve next tym. thanks a lot for dropping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...